vtvwuhye

first_img[av_textblock size=’18’ font_color=” color=”]PARIS, France – Cristiano Ronaldo grabbed a brace on his return from suspension for Real Madrid, as Tottenham Hotspur ended its Wembley jinx and Liverpool was held on their Champions League comeback on Wednesday.Real Madrid sorely missed its Portuguese superstar as he serves a five-match domestic ban for pushing a referee.But he wasted no time in making his towering presence felt against Apoel Nicosia, scoring after just 12 minutes from Gareth Bale’s low cross, and then doubling his tally from the penalty spot before Sergio Ramos’ overhead kick rounded off the cozy 3-0 win.Ronaldo has now struck 12 times in his last six Champions League games.“He is the best in the world. We know he will always score goals,” said Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane. “With a bit more luck today he could have scored four. Cristiano has so many goals in him and we feel it.”“Hopefully he stays in form. You can’t question the levels he reaches every year,” added Ramos.The titleholders top Group H with Tottenham, which ended its woeful Wembley run with an impressive Harry Kane-inspired 3-1 win over Borussia Dortmund.Already scarred by damaging Wembley defeats in the Champions League and FA Cup semifinals last term, Tottenham lost to Chelsea and drawn with Burnley this season, sparking alarmist talk that it was jinxed at the hallowed north London venue.But,after losing eight of their previous 12 matches at Wembley, Kane’s predatory finishing ensured Tottenham finally enjoyed a night to remember in their temporary lodgings.Son Heung-Min’s first goal of the season put Tottenham ahead early on with Andriy Yarmolenko conjuring a sublime equalizer.Kane, who scored twice in Saturday’s win at Everton, restored Tottenham’s advantage before the interval and wrapped up the victory with his second goal after half-time.The only blemish for Spurs was a late sending off for a second bookable offence for Jan Vertonghen, who swung his forearm into Mario Gotze’s face.“It was so important to win, we are so happy. We increased our level in the second half and were very clinical,” Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino said. “It is more than three points. The team is more mature now. Harry Kane was fantastic.” (AFP)[/av_textblock][/av_one_full] [av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=”][av_heading heading=’Ronaldo back in style for Real Madrid’ tag=’h3′ style=’blockquote modern-quote’ size=’30’ subheading_active=’subheading_below’ subheading_size=’15’ padding=’10’ color=” custom_font=”][/av_heading][av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]Friday. September 15, 2017[/av_textblock][av_image src=’http://www.panaynews.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/sports-ronaldo-style.jpg’ attachment=’117470′ attachment_size=’full’ align=’center’ styling=” hover=” link=” target=” caption=” font_size=” appearance=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ animation=’no-animation’][/av_image]last_img read more

first_imgWhen the Tribe signed outfielder Rajai Davis in December, there was no fanfare involved.  Most fans saw Michael Bourn all over again, another washed-up veteran who would fizzle out and underperform. Davis, however, has been everything the Tribe hoped Bourn would be back in 2013 and has become an essential part of the Indians’ success so far this year.Marlon Byrd and Abraham Almonte were suspended for PEDs.  Michael Brantley and Lonnie Chisenhall have spent time on the DL.  Jose Ramirez and Michael Martinez split utility time in the outfield and infield, and Martinez and Tyler Naquin have shuttled back and forth between Columbus and Cleveland.  But through it all this season, Davis has remained a consistent presence in the outfield and the Tribe lineup despite the revolving cast of characters surrounding him in the outfield.Take Monday night’s come-from-behind win against Tampa Bay.  With the Tribe down a run and Yan Gomes on third with one out in the 7th, Davis sent the first pitch he saw to right field for a sacrifice fly that tied the game.  He also had a hit, his league-leading 21st stolen base, and manned both centerfield and right field admirably after some defensive shifting late in the game.  He did nothing spectacular, but accomplished just what the Tribe needed from him to get the win.Davis’s numbers don’t overwhelm anyone with his .264 average, 7 homers, and 27 RBIs, but he finished with a .258 average, 8 homeruns, 30 RBIs, and 18 stolen bases in all of last season in 112 games with Detroit.  He has nearly eclipsed his season totals in just under three months of play, and doesn’t seem to be slowing down either.Not only has Davis been consistent and better offensively than last year, but he has also provided the versatility that Tito Francona has come to expect out of his players.  He has spent time at all three outfield positions, and splits time in the lineup between leadoff and the 9-hole.  Wherever he has been needed, Davis has stepped up and performed the way a team wants a veteran to play.While his arrival didn’t produce excitement in Tribe fans, Rajai Davis’s consistency has been a pleasant surprise to an outfield filled with question marks this season.  Davis is just the kind of low-expense, veteran free agent that the Indians so often strike out on and could’ve been another Michael Bourn, Mark Reynolds, or Brandon Moss, but so far this season he’s delivered just the boost the Indians wanted when they signed him. Tim Tedeschi Tim Tedeschi is a writer for NEOSI and a producer/contributor for the Sports on Tap Podcast. He is a senior at Indiana Wesleyan University, where he has worked as sports editor of the school newspaper, general manager of the college radio station, and play-by-play and color commentator for NAIA and high school basketball, soccer, and football. Follow him on Twitter @tim_tedeschi.center_img Related Topicslast_img read more

first_img Share Hundreds of spectators and bikers attended this year’s Beach N Biker Fest on South Padre Island, some of whom are seen here enjoying the many festivities that were on-hand, including entertainment provided by musicians, art and photography. (Photos by Francisco E. Jimenez) RelatedBeach N Biker Fest revs up April 19-21Special to the Parade The rumbling sounds of twin cam Harley’s and countless other motorcycles will soon fill the air here in the Valley and especially South Padre Island as Beach N Biker Fest gets underway April 19, 20 and 21. This 10th annual Beach N Biker Fest is a…April 18, 2013In “News”Beach-N-Biker Fest this weekendBY SASHA HELLER Managing Editor editor@portisabelsouthpadre.com The sounds of rip roaring, revved-up engines will fill the streets of South Padre Island this weekend as the 11th Annual Beach-N-Biker Fest starts on Friday at the Convention Centre. The three-day charity fundraiser will feature live music, motorcycle events, a poker run, trade…April 10, 2014In “News”Hog HeavenBikers thunder onto Island for Beach-n-Biker Fest By DINA ARÉVALO Port Isabel-South Padre Press editor@portisabelsouthpadre.com It began with a low rumble, like a wave of far off thunder coming to a crescendo as a storm draws near. It was the sound of dozens upon dozens of motorcycle engines firing up in…April 22, 2016In “News”last_img read more

first_imgFacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska State Troopers received a report of a motorcycle versus ATV crash on Milo Fritz Ave, in Anchor Point, on September 11. Garrett Koch was crossing Milo Fritz Ave from Alder to Chapman on a 4 wheeler when he pulled out in front of a motorcycle being driven by Sean Blaine. Koch stated he could not see the motorcycle because of a truck parked on the side of the road which blocked his view, according to the online Trooper dispatch.center_img Both were transported for minor injuries. Blaine was found to be riding his motorcycle in violation of a motorcycle instructional permit and cited.last_img read more

first_imgRUGBY UNION Ishmael “Indy” Indipine was a popular club member for the Harlequins club of Port Moresby. At the time of his passing he was the Premier grade five-eighth and was destined to hold that position for years to come. He would have turned 23 in December this year. Indy joined Harlequins in 2013 while in high school and in 2014 he helped the Under 19 team win the premiership. Two years later in 2016 he became a permanent fixture in the Premier Grade side, after making his way through the ranks. Also that year he was chosen to play for the Port Moresby Gaigai’s – his first representative duty. In 2017 he won the Harlequins Premier Grade Best Back award at the club’s presentation. Indy is a polite, courteous young man and his big smile complemented his docile demeanor and he respected his mentors and was always willing to listen and learn from his coaches. His fellow players respected him from Premier Grade down to Under 19. The whole club is extremely saddened by this tragedy. The outpouring of grief within the club is overwhelming – testament to Indy’s popularity. The club has lost a dedicated son… a sad day for the Port Moresby Harlequins club and a sad day for rugby.last_img read more

first_img Report a problem This item is… (822) Report a problem This item is… × ENDS IN Share Displayed poorly Report a problem This item is… ENDS IN Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Report a problem This item is… × Displayed poorly DEAL OF THE DAY Not relevant ENDS IN Inappropriate / Offensive Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Other The League Inappropriate / Offensive DEAL OF THE DAY Other Inappropriate / Offensive × Other Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. $37.99 ENDS IN DEAL OF THE DAY Other DEAL OF THE DAY Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Report a problem This item is… Other (34271) × Not relevant $15.29$17.99 Add Comments (Max 320 characters) $14.99$18.00 Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Inappropriate / Offensive × ENDS IN Not relevant Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Report a problem This item is… (7802) Bestseller ENDS IN Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Fox Sports Go Inappropriate / Offensive Share Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Bestseller Shop Nowcenter_img Not relevant (2) Not relevant ENDS IN Displayed poorly Inappropriate / Offensive Displayed poorly Displayed poorly Mail Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Twelve $9.99 Inappropriate / Offensive Bestseller (31628) ENDS IN × DEAL OF THE DAY Displayed poorly Displayed poorly Displayed poorly Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Other DEAL OF THE DAY Bestseller DEAL OF THE DAY Bestseller (117) DEAL OF THE DAY Ads by Amazon × Not relevant (657) Not relevant Shares MIRITY Women Racerback Sports Bra… FOX Sports: Stream live NFL, College Footbal… Report a problem This item is… NBC Sports $0.00 Bestseller LocalSportsJournal.comWednesday night’s Muskegon Big Reds Football Coaches Show successfully dove into discussion about the opening round of playoff football.The Big Reds face East Grand Rapids on Friday for a rematch after Muskegon defeated the Pioneers 49-21 in Week 3.Listen in on Wednesday’s show that featured Fox 17’s Jason Hutton and his in-depth analysis of teams who did and did not made the playoffs. $0.00 Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. (17612) The Sports Gene: Inside the Science of Extr… Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Ads by Amazon 50PC Disposable Face MàSc/Mack Anti-Dust … $0.00 Bestseller Other Not relevant Inappropriate / Offensive Bestseller Report a problem This item is… Other × $49.95last_img read more

first_imgBASSETERRE, St Kitts, CMC –Four batsmen scored half-centuries on the fourth and final day as the eighth round match between the Leeward Islands Hurricanes and Trinidad and Tobago Red Force petered out into a draw yesterday. In a high scoring match, the Hurricanes set their opponents a mammoth total of 352 for victory after declaring their second innings on 315 for six.Joshua DaSilva and Lendl Simmons then posted half-centuries as the Red Force climbed to 236 for four before the match was eventually called off.Earlier, Devon Thomas fell just six runs short of a century and Jahmar Hamilton made 77 as the Hurricanes batted themselves to safety after resuming the day on 159 for three. The pair put on 159 runs in a fourth-wicket partnership to rule out any possible hopes the Red Force had of pushing for victory.They carried the score to 273 before Odean Smith finally got the breakthrough by bowling Hamilton.Rahkeem Cornwall only lasted four balls before he too was dismissed by Smith for one. But within sight of three figures Thomas lost his wicket to Khary Pierre, prompting an immediate declaration.He faced 109 balls and blasted five sixes and four boundaries.In pursuit of an improbable target, the Red Force’s batsmen were still positive in their approach, scoring at over four runs an over. Openers Jeremy Solozano and DaSilva put on 88 runs for the first wicket before the former lost his wicket to Damion Jacobs to be out for 30.DaSilva, who scored 75 and Simmons who made 59 at better than a run-a-ball, then added another 88 runs in only 16 overs.Even when the pair fell in quick succession, the Red Force were never in any danger of losing the match, with the two sides agreeing to a draw shortly after.last_img read more

first_imgBusinessman Harold Hopkinson of Secure Innovations gave national under-21 table tennis champion Jasmine Billingy an ultimatum before she left Guyana to participate in the recent Trinidad Silver Bowl tournament. He challenged her to win one of the categories she signed up for and if she did, he would present her with a bicycle.  Billingy did just that,  winning the under – 11 category and so did Hopkinson, who stuck to his word and sponsored a bicycle for the nine-year-old. The businessman’s son, Denzel Hopkinson – a former national junior table tennis player – made the presentation on Tuesday last. Billingy, who is one of Guyana’s brightest prospects, is coached by former three-time national men’s singles champion colin France and her strong support base, includes the Titans Table Tennis Club along with her grandparents, Sandra and Colin Sultan who ensure that she attends all her training sessions to maintain her high-level consistency.last_img read more

first_img– N.6m at stake as prize money– Tournament serves as path to team selectionThe Nigeria Table Tennis Federation (NTTF) has set in motion plans to boost female table tennis by organising a women-only tournament which it says will improve the standard of female table tennis players and help make them more competitive on the global stage.The maiden national women singles open championship which is scheduled for the  Molade Okoya-Thomas Hall of Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos between June 27-29 will offer a total prize money of N600,000 and will be open to players within and outside Nigeria who have a valid NTTF license and will also be used to select players for national assignments.The champion will earn N200,000 while there will be prize money for players who finish within the top 16 players.According to the Secretary General of NTTF, James Eakyns, the championship was set up to provide solutions to the downward slide in the fortune of female table tennis players in the country which has also reflected in their performance at various tournaments at home and abroad.“We realized that our females are not doing well in major competitions and their performance have not been impressive in recent times and that is why the board led by its president, Ishaku Tikon decided to stage the tournament so that we can identify some of them we can groom to become world beaters,” he said.The scribe added that apart from picking the best hands for major competition, the tournament would help in boosting the ratings of the players in the country.On his part, the NTTF President Ishaku Tikon said that the tournament is the manifestation of the Federation’s deliberate attempt to reposition  female table tennis by ensuring a production line of talented players who would ensure that Nigeria continues to be a relevant player in table tennis on the continent and the world at large.“Already several tournaments are lined up for this year and we cannot afford to play second fiddle in such competition and that is why we have decided to focus on the female players so that we can raise their standard in the game.“The first step is to identify the talented ones among them before exposing them to world class coaching and tournaments. We are expecting players at junior and senior levels to be part of the competition and we will ensure that the identified ones are groomed to become world beaters just like their male counterparts. Also in the past, Nigeria used to dominate the female event in Africa but now Egypt and other North African teams are coming up, so there is need to close the gap and that is why this tournament is very important to us,” the NTTF boss added.The NTTF says the tournament will be used to assess and select players who would be part of the country’s team for major events while players. Players are expected to arrive on June 27.Relatedlast_img read more

first_img Related Samir Hussein/Samir Hussein/WireImage via Getty Images(LONDON) — Prince William and Princess Kate joined Queen Elizabeth II at Windsor Castle for Easter Sunday.William was seen bowing his head to the queen, while Kate gave her a deep curtsy.It is tradition for Kate to curtsy to the queen, although it is rarely seen and only happens when she first meets the monarch on any given day, so it generally takes place behind closed doors.William’s bow, meanwhile, is another sign of respect for her majesty.Kate was dressed in a cream Catherine Walker coat, a favorite brand of the late Princess Diana, and a cream pillbox hat, while the queen wore a bright turquoise coat and hat.Prince Harry missed Easter with the royal family, as he spent the holiday with his girlfriend Meghan Markle in Toronto.Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMaticolast_img read more